Learn How Long Should You Wash Your Hands – JarasimKamran Khan
Proper Hand Washing Techniques
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure – Benjamin Franklin
Regularly washing hands could help prevent several diseases and provide protection against most of them as well. Washing hands can keep you generally healthy and prevent the spread of respiratory and diarrheal infections from person to person.
The most common medium of germs transfers if from people or from surfaces. This propagation can take place with touching eyes, nose and mouth with dirty/unwashed hands, preparing or eating food, touching a contaminated surface or object and blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing without covering your mouth or nose and then touching other people’s hands or surfaces.
When to wash your hands?
This is one of the most frequently asked questions and as we all know that the excess of anything is harmful, the same is true about washing hands. You do not want to wash your hands enough to get a skin disease and you can neither allow for germs stay on your hands.
Therefore, washing your hands before and after preparing food, eating food, taking care of someone who is sick and treating a cut or a wound. Furthermore, washing your hands after using the toilet, cleaning up, blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing, touching an animal, handling pet foods and touching garbage is the best idea.
During the Covid-19 outbreak, it is important to have a hand sanitizer handy and conveniently available. Make sure you use the hand sanitizer every time you use a door handle, use the ATM machine, shopping carts, gas pumps or any other physical contact. It is not recommended to touch your face unless you have properly washed and rinsed your hands. How long should you wash your hands?
Five steps to washing your hands
Before we get to the process, you may want to choose the best antibacterial handwash, we recommend using an antibacterial handwash that is suitable for all skin types and provide the best cleaning. The steps for effectively washing your hands is as follows as instructed by CDC.
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the back of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Make sure you scrub in between finger, under your nails, and fingertips. Quiz Question: How long should you wash your hands? Answer is minimum 20 seconds.
- Rinse your hands well under running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
Alternate to Hand Washing – Hand Sanitizer
Washing hands with soap and water is without a doubt the best way to get rid of germs. Although, sometimes soap and water is not readily available and for this reason you should consider using a hand sanitizer. The hand sanitizer should be alcohol based with at least 60% concentration of alcohol.
Some of the most effective hand sanitizers in our finding are
How to use hand sanitizer?
CDC recommends the following steps with regards to using a hand sanitizer.
- Apply the gel product to the palm of one hand (read the label to learn the correct amount).
- Rub your hands together.
- Rub the gel over all the surfaces of your hands and fingers until your hands are dry. This should take around 20 seconds.